Okay, I will be honest in saying that I haven't moved on from breaking up with my Girlfriend. And I don't think I ever will.
Everything was okay--I was at my happiest with friends, my quarter-life crisis was still manageable, and I could say I was at the most productive and fulfilling days of my career.
Until she dumped me.
Nope. This is not a coming-out post. This is about missing Girlfriend, the magazine I, together with the whole staff (who effortlessly became my very good friends after just a few chikahan-slash-chakahan portions disguised as lineup meetings) worked so hard for. The one which up to now makes us all damn proud for being the FIRST-EVER magazine-catalogue in the Philippines. FACT.
All this longing was brought to me by this cup:
Everything was okay--I was at my happiest with friends, my quarter-life crisis was still manageable, and I could say I was at the most productive and fulfilling days of my career.
Until she dumped me.
Nope. This is not a coming-out post. This is about missing Girlfriend, the magazine I, together with the whole staff (who effortlessly became my very good friends after just a few chikahan-slash-chakahan portions disguised as lineup meetings) worked so hard for. The one which up to now makes us all damn proud for being the FIRST-EVER magazine-catalogue in the Philippines. FACT.
All this longing was brought to me by this cup:
Had Girlfriend still been around, this yogurt would've made it straight to the studio for a product shoot along with the girls' recommendations for the month. Afterwhich, I would've written in around 100 words the reasons why I'm raving about it, and, in italicized font, where readers could find it, price included.
With The Eraserheads breaking up, NU107 closing down, and--rumor has it--Beach House closing up shop (can somebody please confirm this?), maybe it's really true that all good things must come to an end.
Oh well. In the words of my mentor and good friend Gina, Girlfriend's editor-in-chief, back to regular programming.
girlfriend was more than a magazine. it was almost a sorority, with our own language, sense of humor, criteria of what was cool or not. still, it wasn't judgmental, which is contradictory to what i just said. it was just... FUN. cool: being real. uncool: pretending you could afford a socialite's life when you were actually eyeball-deep in debt. cool: loving your body. uncool: acting like a skank. cool: standing up for yourself and your beliefs. uncool: intolerance.
ReplyDeletehamo jones, pag may nag bankroll talaga sa akin o pag naging media tycoon ako, ibabalik ko tong magazine na to. di pa oras siguro :)
hayop, parang what's in what's out yan ah. hamo, naflow ko na.
ReplyDeleteActually mga inday, nung mga panahong lang yon ko lang talagang masasabing I love my job. Nakayanan kong deadmahin ang kakapiranggot ang sweldo.
ReplyDeletesinabi nyo ho.
ReplyDelete