Thanks to my hangover, I woke up with my innards grumbling for some greasy comfort food. On top of my mind: Mcdo. See I only eat there once in, say, two or three months, and when I do I consider it my "reward" for ovulating and/or being hungover (Yes it doesn't make sense but then again this is my life). So there I was in Shangri-La lunchtime, war-faced with a tray of six pieces of nuggets, large fries, a Quarter Pounder (which I surely haven't had for more than a decade), a large Coke Light (naks), and a gastric-bypass surgeon standing by (kidding). Tasted the fries. Bland. Dipped it in ketchup, seeking a much-needed sodium-chloride boost (this coming from someone sensitive to salt pretty much shows the blah-ness of them potatoes). Failed. Opened the box of the Quarter Pounder. Looking at the burger was like getting laid in a room with framed pictures of your fuck buddy's grannies--awkward and just plain wrong. I swear Trolli Gummy Burgers would look more tempting. The meat, dry and tough. Munching on the nuggets was close to snacking on carton.
And I had to pay 238 bucks for everything. To think last night I've been to three different places chugging beers, in good company (not because they paid for the drinks of course), all for the price of 220.
So there, Ronald. I just don't think this is working out anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment