Monday, February 8, 2010

White Sheets and Rainbows

It was like a rave party. Someone slipped a drug into my drink to make me sleep--for good. I was just waiting for the end of it all, getting dizzier minute by minute. My boyfriend was with me, holding me close, dancing, begging me not to leave him as I feel and witness my spirit drift away from my body. It took much longer than I expected. Then came my friend Janis with an antidote, which I quickly drank. I felt better. Alive.



My boyfriend went missing. I had to find him soonest, tell him I fought hard against death, hard enough to live again and be with him longer. After passing by a labyrinth of rooms and potted greens, I reached a room, all white, breezy, radiant. There he was, lying on the bed, completely naked save for the white sheets covering his body. (At this point he changed his face into a high-school classmate's.) He didn't see me. I kept watching from a distance.



Turned out he was with someone who was caressing my boyfriend's face lovingly, looking straight into his eyes with such longing. Turned out he was with a good friend of mine. Turned out it was Ryan.



I ran as fast as I could, wishing I didn't swallow that antidote.

2 comments: